Top 10 accessory of NYFW 2015 for sure. Just… killing it.
For anybody who loves a good spectacle, who can’t stop watching NPH’s 2013 Tony Awards hosting stint, or who just wants to giggle along in excitement for an hour… You need to start watching “Best Time Ever with Neil Patrick Harris.” Not only do you feel like you’re in on network TV’s biggest secret of the season, you can celebrate the (merited) return of the (LIVE!) variety show in style.
A roundup of a few new addictions…
- Avène antirougeurs redness relief cleansing milk: the parter in crime to my all-time favorite cleanser (Avène extremely gentle cleanser), this wash feels so silky smooth you’re wondering how they didn’t use the term “baby’s butt” in their marketing campaign
- Clarins Daily Energizer Cream: pop this in the fridge overnight (pro tip!), use to instantly brighten your complexion in the a.m.
- Nars satin lip pencil in Rikugien: the perfect neutral (not nude) that adds just a hint of color to my complexion
- The best smelling dry shampoo I’ve tried: I still may be a total Khlorane addict, but I received a mini Macadamia Professional dry shampoo in this month’s Birchbox and have to say it does the travel-sized trick.
Still in the throes of the ever-present job search, I lucked out and got to apartment-sit for my brother in Brooklyn while he’s off frolicking in Bali.
So what is one 20-something to do while in the hipster jungle of Park Slope for two weeks?
Eat lots of avocado toast.
While not relegated to the simple dish, I will say I’ve become a bit of a master at making it work for me. Not to mention that I would like to prove that I SO INVENTED avocado toast before it was cool– back when I was vegan and pretty much literally had nothing else to eat.
That’s right everyone, I’ve been rocking the avocado toast for 144 weeks now, before it even became cool to smash it on top with a fork… so basically you could say I’ve become a master.
My favorite #basic upgrades I’ve been using lately:
- For when you need a little spice: Sriracha and sliced radishes with crushed red pepper
- For everyday: a GENEROUS sprinkle of amazing French sea salt
- For warding off the vampires: approx. 1 million pounds of sprinkled garlic powder (or if you’re feeling very fancy: roast actual garlic in a bit of olive oil, pour right on top, mmm)
- For some added protein: top with a fried (or scrambled) egg, or some crumbled tempeh
Happy eating, followers!
I love fashion week, but it’s not hard to admit my favorite part of seeing the shows is the beauty. Clothes are great and all, but let’s get down to the most important report!
1. Rodarte has never failed us with hair clips.
2. Thom Browne’s brows (wasn’t a huge fan of the hair, but I get it– it was a show-stopper)
3. Rosie Assoulin’s appropriately pool-themed hair
4. Pat McGrath’s obviously epic mermaid eyes at DVF
5.White lines at Public School
6. Actual fall colors (gasp!) at Cushnie et Ochs
7. Reddest reds at Jason Wu
8. Probably my #1 favorite look so far: dotted nails at Adam Selman
So many amazing collections so far here at NYFW. Where to begin!
I’ll just highlight some of my favorites:
- Joan Smalls in that INSANE Givenchy dress
3. Prabal Gurung’s COLORS; just wow
8. Oscar de la Renta’s blue hues
9. Earrings, clothes, everything from Rosie Assoulin
10. Rodarte being every Ice Queen’s dream
About to probably scramble some eggs for dinner and lusting after what I wish I was cooking up right now…